To clean the planet, we need to celebrate Earth Day every day. Scientists have said that global warming could increase average temperatures eight degrees by the year 2100 if we do not make changes and that would have huge consequences.
To continue Earth Day celebrations you can:
- Ride a bike
- Use less water in your toilet using the “water bottle trick” (it saves your money and saves the earth)
- Plant something – if someone in your house is going to the store, they can find seedlings. Otherwise, you can search your house for old packets of seeds and give them a try. You can also use scraps from some vegetables to try and create new plants.
- Carry a refillable water bottle around with you all day
- Donate to a climate change organization like The Nature Conservancy or The Sierra Club Foundation
- Help your family unsubscribe to mail catalogs to reduce the amount of mail you need to recycle using an organization like catalog choice
Sometimes being kind means thinking about the whole world.